Wednesday, September 19, 2012

 
 There is an article published in yesterday's Wall Street Journal titled "The Magnitude of the Mess We're In" that I haven't yet read, but is on the top of my must-read list for the day. Yes, like, today. I find it sometimes quite difficult to fit into the hours given in one day the total number of experiences I'd like to have. There is so much to see and do and feel and taste and hear and learn that the time it would take to do it all pales in comparison.

Like right now I'm totally supposed to be in class. But it's raining. And my favorite person is not otherwise engaged, and I have internet, and coffee, and a new puppy all joyfully existing in my home. And so there it is that I shall remain also, to tell you this story...

About stumps.

 
Two inches below the surface
you don't even break the wake
but meters you have an' aren't showin'
Brrrrbbbrrrrrbrbrr...  ya give me the shakes
 
 
A forrest, he said, up under those ripples
the land, hardly cleared 'fore flood
old hickorys and oaks
they make your motor choke
and send fear through your blood



No comments:

Post a Comment