Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy?

Sitting in the arms of my totally gorgeous, and very rational, boyfriend thinking about my day and my life I say, "I can't believe I finally lost those 30lbs! I'm happier than I could ever say in words!"

Looking abashed, my boyfriend asks, "Why can't you just say 'That makes me happy.'?"

Hmmm.

My frontal lobe immediately began churning and spawning thoughts and theories so quickly that I lurched across the table, to his consternation, and scrambled for the nearest pen and pad. I hastily scribbled:

"Suffice it to say that my incessant attempts at communication and diction are often fueled by the utter inadequacy of vocabulary in vocalizing and epitomizing the truth of my heart."


Ironically, my pleasure at the concoction of this magnificent sentence afore was actually equivalent to his suggested verbage, so as I put down my pen to rejoin the conversation, I could not help but to giggle out loud.

And so I said, in response to my convenient sentence, and with a cermonious drop of my pen and pad onto the table,

"That makes me happy."


No comments:

Post a Comment